The sights, smells and sounds of October are upon us. Crackling leaves, dancing flames of bonfires and the heady scent of cider mills linger upon the wind.
Anticipation abounds in the air as the dates draw near. Somehow, the words October 21 and October 22 are sweeter than the taste of candy corn. The switch has been thrown and it’s time to cackle in glee and shout it’s alive! Our first movie poster hangs proudly at the Redford Theatre and soon the doors will swell with swarms of people to see it. Well, maybe they aren’t all here to just see the poster in person…
So if you’re looking for something spectacular to do to celebrate Halloween. If you love The Munsters and want to see them on the BIG screen. Have a thing for werewolves and want to rub fur with, snap a photo, and get an autograph from Butch Patrick. Or if sitting in coffin cars makes your heart beat and you want to capture the moment by having your picture taken in the Drag-u-la Car courtesy of Motor City Reel Rides – we highly recommend this hauntingly fun Halloween event.
We’ll be hobnobbing with all the goblins including Paul from Treasures From Paul’s Basement (the movie sponsor with the cool classic movie posters), the rad guys from Motor City Reel Rides and THE Butch Patrick. Plus, travel along with Butch Patrick on his Whistle Stop Train Tour and join him in your own city. What could be more fun than that?
Oh, and if you want to say hi, we won’t be hard to find. Just look for the two grinning ghouls hugging the Munster, Go Home poster.
Happy hauntings from Blue Harvest Creative to all of you! We look forward to seeing everyone there.
- Meet Butch “Eddie Munster” Patrick! He will be appearing at all shows, signing autographs and posing for pictures.
- Autographs, memorabilia and photos with Butch Patrick are available for purchase at the event or bring your own favorite items to have autographed!
- Don’t miss seeing and having your picture taken inside the Munster Drag-u-la car courtesy of Motor City Reel Rides.
- FYI – autographs, memorabilia and photos are cash only.
- Be sure to bring your camera! There are no restrictions for general picture taking.
- Everyone is encouraged to attend dressed in their favorite costume. Celebrate Halloween at the Redford Theatre!
- Tickets for the movie are only $5.00!
- Remember cartoons? Don’t miss the 1938 Midnight Frolics cartoon!
- Enjoy the beautiful organ overture played on the Barton Pipe Organ.
SHOWTIMES & DATES FOR MUNSTER, GO HOME:
- Friday, October 21 8pm Doors open at 7pm
- Saturday, October 22 2pm Doors open at 1pm
- Saturday, October 22 8pm Doors open at 7pm
The Redford Theatre is located at 17360 Lahser Road, Detroit, Michigan 48219. For more information, visit http://www.redfordtheatre.com/