YA author Sara Daniell writes about her experience speaking with the eighth graders at Thomas Jefferson Middle School.
Recently, I had the opportunity to speak to eighth graders at Thomas Jefferson Middle School in Port Washington, WI. I was ecstatic when Ms. Dekker invited me to come talk about my passion of writing after one of her students who had read A Life Unexpected (Book One of the Holly Nather Series) asked her to invite me.
I discussed the following topics:
– how I went about doing it professionally
– what inspired me to start writing
– what was/is the most challenging part about writing
– my writing process
– what helps me the most as a writer
– what strategies/techniques I use
– was writing something I went to school for or did I follow my passion another way
– the process I used to get published
I was so nervous, because I’m not that great at speaking to large groups of people, but to my surprise…
View original post 449 more words